Better analysis, wider detection, increased reliability
GSS is used for on-ground analysis of recorded maintenance data, to detect incipient defects in major aircraft, helicopter and UAS components, and to increase reliability of equipment by minimising airframe vibration.
The GSS includes configuration and maintenance software in the electronics unit (eVPU, DAPU, DMAU, AGILE) and rotor and trim balance software. This function is included on HUMS capabilities for helicopters.
For HUMS applications, the GSS main functions are:
- Replay flight data
- Record routine maintenance
- Enter component change: engine, transmission or rotor adjustments
- Print download log
- Test functions: accelerometers
For propeller balancing applications, the GSS main functions are:
- Update propeller balancing computation unit
- Display current balancing weight configuration
- Calculate new balancing configuration
- Track balancing history and trends